Friday, August 13, 2010

Negative Blog Comment

I got some bad press.  It ran absolutely contrary to the other reviews I had received, and it was about the first edition of the novel, which has since been supplanted by the more carefully edited second edition.  Still, the way the blog entry was written, it had a way of showing up in most Goggle searches.  I have to concede this troubled me at first.  I was able to add my own comments after her remarks, but it was still out there.

Well so be it.  That is what free speech is all about.  I think it was Thomas Jefferson who expressed the idea that the way to confront speech you might find objectionable is not to try and control it, but rather to overwhelm it with speech you do not find objectionable.  That was Thomas Jefferson, and he knew a thing or two. So as filled with hope and love as I can possibly make myself, I push ahead.

I wrote a good book.  The second edition is better than the first.  It's high time I put it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment