Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Post

This blog is intended to be an on-going running account of one person's possibly futile attempt to publicize a self-published novel.  That novel, as you've probably figured out by now, is called Cutting Through the Knot.  Still, I think an account of this kind may have relevance beyond this particular book. 

Self-publishing is in.  During the steep economic down turn, the self-publishing companies were the one arm of the publishing industry and continued to make money.  Just in the last couple of weeks in has been reported that Amazon.com is selling more Kindle editions than hard covers.  The Kindle editions are expected to surpass the paperbacks on Amazon in the near future.  It seems that there will be more and more opportunities for writers to put their work before the public.  The question remains, however, how are these writers, to make their work known.  How can one writer make his book, however worthy, stand out, get noticed, draw enough attention to make the cyberspace cash register ring?

Well I'm going to try and if you check back in here, you'll find out how well I do.  I don't claim to have all the answers at this point.  But I've got some idea how I might get started.  I do believe in my book. I think it is worth reading.  Now I just have to let other people know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment